Friday, July 31, 2009

OK, here we go...

 
Mr. Barracuda swims on by.  I guess I just didn't look very interesting.  Kind of murky right here.  Maybe it'll be more clear on out deeper.
.

 
Yes, much more clear.  The silty water comes around in blobs sometimes.  I think this is about eighty to 90 feet of vis-- visability.
.

 
The fish with stripes is a young Parrotfish, munching on the coral and algae.  You can actually hear them crunching.
.

 
Ah, coral polyps up close.  Can you see their mouths?
.

 
So beautiful!  And can you count how many polyps on this coral, Gorgonian?  Quite a few, hum.
.

 
Wheee, an Eliptical Star Coral.
.

 
All the little polyps.  
.

 
A peek at shore, time to go back to being stuck to the floor, and stuck to chairs and stuck to seats.  I do so prefer to be floating around weightlessly.  Especially when I want to pick a mango high up in the tree.  I can't just go up there and pick it.  Gravity has me well stuck to the bottoms of my feet on the ground.  When you're diving, you balance buoyancy/floating with gravity, so you're free to just go.
.

 
One last look, some Urchins and some Fire Coral.  The sunlight flickering over the sea floor.
OK, have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment