Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Sandy Visit

.
OK, I'm going to go take a gardening class tomorrow, about growing Dark Leafy Greens.  So, I'll need to not turn on this mind trap computer in the morning. 
 .
Here's some of what I found during  this evening's dive.
.
 
The Barrel Sponge that didn't make the cut to be on The Muppet Show.  Waa.
.

One of my favorite coral heads.  My approach frightened the fish, various Grunts.  They had been covering this place like a cloak, but they flowed away.
.

That Giant Hermit crab again.  I disturbed him from digging a pit in the sand.
.
















A Feather Sea Pen!  The second one I've ever seen.  A colony of polyps that extend at night from hiding in the sand during the day.  Filter feeders.  So beautiful.
.
Didn't get a good focus on this one.  I'll go back for sure, and get decent photos.  But in the meantime, I must send the camera off for repair again, the shutter release button failed right after this photo.  Booo!  Second time.

Thanks for stopping by!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment