Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Spots

.

Calm water!  Looks like I'm a long way offshore, hey?  I thimmk someone is starting to build a house on the pointy top of the mountain.  If it was MY house, I'd be really happy.  But otherwise, I don't want a house up there!







.

Stop a minute to take a photo of this little spotted guy.  Smooth Trunkfish.  They usually have a honey comb pattern on their side.








.
.

Puff, puff, puff, what's for  lunch!?












.
.

Where the sand meets the dropoff.  There is an edge of corals, then the 'wall' that goes down, down, down.  Can't be photographed, really.  You had to have been there.  Oh, or maybe you've stood at the edge of a tall building, a skyscraper, and looked over, down.  Like that but you cannot fall!




.
.

A Spotted Moray Eel.  I do believe he's showing his teeth.  They can get a little aggressive sometimes.  The only kind of eel that's been a little pushy with me, but only when I pushed first, by trying to take too many photos, too close.  But I've never come anywhere near to being bitten.  People who hand feed them sometimes get bitten.


.
.

A Squirrelfish.  Just plain old Squirrelfish, no descriptive name.  His, her?? dorsal fin, spines, are yellowish.  That's how you quickly tell them apart from the other kinds of Squirrelfish.  I'll have to start collecting photos of the different kinds.  Most of them that I see are the Longspine, that have white tips on the dorsal spines.  Hum.


.

.
Off to the post office with me.  Need that new camera housing!  Thanks for stopping by!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment