Thursday, October 1, 2009

What today??

.

Some shallow scenery.  Fire corals, and a purplish sponge, and the little yellow Wrasses zooming around.  A Damselfish in the corner.  The willow-looking tree in the background is an old Gorgonian coral.  Hum, not a tree, will I ever get used to that?





.
.

Closer upper.  The two Wrasses over on the side look like they're talking to each other.  Damselfish rushing for cover.  Another Wrass sponge diving.











.

More Wrasses, checking out the Tube Sponges.  Zoom they go!











.
.

They're looking at me!  The coral lump is one of my landmarks when I'm paddling around Cane Bay.  Some spots on it survived the bleaching in 2005.  It's about 4 feet tall?  a little over a meter.








.



A little lump, several years, or more, old.  About the size of a bowling ball. 









.
.


It's called Elliptical Star Coral.  Here I go again, pretty polyps!  Bumping and jiggling against each other in slow, slow motion.








.
,
Another lump, a Mustard Hill Coral.  About the same size as the Elliptical guy.
 
  
These 'mustard' polyps are teenie tiny!  Hum, I didn't get the color quite right.  More magenta and less cyan next time!
 .
Oh dear, a mob of Bubbling Monsters!  I'll go the other way.  I feel OK about diving alone for a lot of reasons.  I've dived Cane Bay for twenty years, hunderds of dives.  The sea is warm and gentle, most of the time.  I don't dive when it's at all rough.  I trust my gear.  I used to lead introductory dives here, hearding around six beginners, who was my buddy??  Yipes!

OK, so here I go!  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!
.

1 comment:

  1. Your photographs are breathtaking and I am seriously envious of your life - wow, talk about living a dream!

    I just read your comments on R.Genn's site with regard to "stop reading" - I am an addict when it comes to information gathering and cannot walk by the library without going in and grabbing a pile of books and magazines. I had to get strict with myself to stop buying and now only purchase books I cannot get from the library, but still, I know I waste too much time just dreaming and need to do more doing.

    Do you have any further thoughts on the topic?

    ReplyDelete