Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fishes

.
There they go!  Jan and Yvette.














.
What's that??
 .
 
Aha, a Smooth Trunkfish.  They take top prize for patterns.












.
He's cruising around looking for evidence of a meal.












.
.
Found something!  Puffing away, trying to uncover whatever it is.  Making a mess, hey, stirring up silt.

Flattest bottom fish there is. haha

Once, back in film days, the girl in the HourPhoto was looking at my pictures as I did.  "Oh!" she exclaimed, "That's my favorite fish!  They're really good stuffed with rice!"
.
,


I should go catch up with Jan and Yvette.  Photographers are notoriously slow divers, always stopping to get images.

So I'll leave this little guy still busily puffing away.  The action has attracted the attention of a Yellowhead Wrass.  He'll hang around to see if a tidbit will come his way.  Fish often hang around each other this way.  Sometimes they hunt in mixed packs.  Once I watched seven different kinds of fish following an eel.  The eel was cruising along, poking his head in crevasses.

Ah!  Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment