Friday, September 11, 2009

Most amazing!

.
So I went back to try to get some images of the little Jackknife fish, and there he was!  In the sand, right in the middle of this photo---
.
I laid carefully on the sand, and took over 100 photos of him swimming his little pattern, this way, across, back, and this way again.
.
.
.
.
Such a cutie!!  But then something most amazing happened. 
 .
I was positioned in a bit of sand with coral on either side of me.  The sea is very calm right now, so there was little problem with surge and current pushing me around.  I'd been still for just a minute or two, and a small Southern Ray swam right up and sat down within two feet, less than a meter, from me, resting his 'chin' on the coral!
.
Just an amazing experience!  Now I'm wondering if the creature had a fish hook in his mouth, and was asking for help.  This DOES happen occasionally.  But I couldn't see under him, and this idea didn't occur to me until later.  But then, maybe he thought I was a Big Mama Ray, laying there!  We'll never know.

I slowly put my camera closer and closer, he turned a bit, but I did get quite a picture of the eye, and gill opening.
.
Oh!  The wonders in the sea!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you Monday!
.

2 comments:

  1. Mola!!! Hi!!! I just want to thank you for getting me painting again!! It was YOU that did that. I just got accepted into my first show. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!!!
    HUGS!!!!!
    Pegi

    ReplyDelete