Tuesday, September 1, 2009

O Boy!

.
Hey, Look!

"What??"












.
A single polyp type of coral.  This fellow isn't very beautiful, but he's special anyway.  A little beat up, a hole and a chunk of algae sitting on him.  Tough life, being a polyp.









Another one, florescing! Really this bright, when you spot one while diving along.
.

A close up view.
.
This little fellow sure is surrounded by plants.  Hum, my plants book isn't handy.

Scientists don't know much about florescing.  Some corals just go bright.  This can really be seen with a different kind of camera, infrared or something.  I don't know much about it.  I am a dummie lately!  That's OK.

Cute little polyp.
.
.
A close up of the Antler Algae.  Or is it Antelope?  Where's my book!  I carry them all over the house, bad me.

Pretty plant, anyway, very tiny.









.
Aha, another single polyp coral, a different kind.  Pretty stripes.  And all kinds of other critters and plants in this photo.  Even the tip of my finger, carefully placed to try to help me hold still for the camera.








.
.
Peeking over the edge of the coral head, or Bommie if you're Australian.  Some fishes and the sand down there sloping away.  This is at about sixty feet deep, 20m, looking down at 100, 30.





.

.
.

And what?  Always look up!  Occasionally, anyway.  A Barracuda (fish) can just barely be seen going on by, wayyyy  over my head.

OK, gotta run!  Thanks for stopping by!





.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment