Monday, August 31, 2009

How about photography?

 
The top photo is straight up land camera setting.  The next photo is an automatic computer enhanced image of the same photo, the "Quick Fix" decided on the colors

 You sure get different things out of a camera, and a computer.  This one, without the blue background, is after I changed the setting on the camera, there underwater while I was still in front of the sponge, to "Snorkel"  something like fifteen feet depth compensated-for-blue. 
 .
This is a fairly recent innovation in cameras because so many people are taking underwater images.  The best is to set the color translation before every photo, but I'd never get any pictures taken if I had to do that!
.
This is a "Do Not Touch Me" sponge, has irritating spicules in the structure that can give you a nasty rash that burns, but only if you bang into the sponge, or like one ignoramus did, took a roundish one out of the sea and played football on the beach with it.  BIG mistake!
.

Up close, you can see some little curls and funny things, Brittle Stars, a kind of starfish that's really skinny and spiny, but does not sting.  They obviously can live on this sponge happily for a long time, see the indentation in the middle where the starfish is deep into the surface of the  sponge!  I don't know anything about this symbiosis.

.

And a fish picture.  These are Hardtailed Jacks that turned away from me just as I turned toward them to take their picture.  Silly fish, I wish they could recognize me as being a photographer, and not a predator.  They kept swimming back and forth behind me.  Some say they're fascinated by a diver's bubbles.
.
And the bushy looking thing is a soft coral, a Gorgonian, being blown sideways in the current.

OK!  all for this day!  Thanks for stopping by!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment