Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Snorkeling----

.
Ah, underwater!  Where are we??  Shallow because the top of the sea is so close.  I love these photos that have the surface, and reflections of the bottom.
.
Peeking above, I snap a picture of the rocky shore.
.
Hmm, looks spooky!  I wonder what's there...
.
Fishies hanging out in the shade, nice and cool in the noonday sunshine.  I didn't go any closer because I could see them becoming nervous and beginning to think about swimming away.  OK, fellas, I'm not going to bug you!

Like I said in another post, if you turn your face up, you can feel the heat of the sun.  I presume it penetrates as deeply as the light, gradually fading as the deeper and deeper water absorbs.
.
One look back, and off to open water!  All of four feet deep, a little over a meter.
.
One Brain Coral has made it through the smashing waves of hurricanes.  Have LOTS of babies, old boy!  Or are you a girl?  Or both?  I have more to learn.
.
A little fish!
.
And a better photo, a juvenile French Angel fish.  The bright yellow stripes will fade with age to a black with yellow edges to each scale, a speckled effect.  The French Angels have rounded tails, and the very similar Gray Angels have straight edged tails.  Not many Grays here in St Croix's waters.

Sad news.  My old, old computer, five years old, is not much longer to function.  Sometimes when it goes to Desktop, the hard drive vibrates terribly.  During the work on this post, it started really fussing, and so loudly that I could hear it.  And if you knew me, and how hard of hearing I am, you'd be impressed.  So, dear readers, I must take a few days' break, to buy a new computer.  Groan, always a trauma, hey?

"Soon Come"  Thanks for stopping by!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment