Monday, August 3, 2009

Some of the reef---

.
Monday already.  Well.
.
 
Reef scenery.  The camera once again cannot see the bright yellow and turquoise of the Queen Angel fish that's rushing away.  They are very shy fish, difficult to photograph.
.

 
Where's my book?  hmm, oh, here, a 'Spiny Flower Coral'.  Each polyp is huge, the size of the palm of your hand.
.

 
Another one, this image is from the bleaching in 2005.  I tried to get the color right, but owell.  They're quite snow white.
.

 
But they did recover.  I really like this kind of coral, so huge.  Lovely subtle colors.
.

 
Another fish, a Fairy Basslet.  They orient themselves to the surface under them as they go about th reef.  If they're up under an overhang, they're upside down, to us human's way of thinking.
.

 
A size reference of a Fairy Basslet, tiny!  That's a rope sponge.  And I've always wanted eyes that see as well as a microscope to look closely at the fuzzy stuff.  There must be lots of interesting little critters in all that mix.
I'm going to email the man who's fixing my camera.  I don't want to bug him, but I need that camera!  Grrr.
OK, enjoy the day, and,
Thanks for stopping by!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment