Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday Tuesday

.
One of my favorite formations, an overhang.  This one is about seven feet, 2m, out there, suspended.  There are usually lots of fish hanging out in the shade. 
.
Once I noticed this habit of their's, staying under things, and I turned my face upward and held still for a moment.  You can easily feel the heat of sunshine on your face!   I was amazed.  Although the deeper you go, the more sunlight, and heat, are absorbed by the water.
.


 A Black Durgon.  They are shy for me, and difficult to photograph closely.  They have marvelous patterns of colors that can be seen only close-up.  They swim by waving the two fins that run along their back and belly.  They steer with their tail and pectoral, side, fins.
 A Stoplight Parrotfish.  They swim by sculling their pectoral fins, and steer with their tails.
.
 More pretty scenery. I love the sunlight dancing on the sand.  The Sea must be very calm for this to be.
.
 Someone named this coral Mountainous Star coral.
.
 And this is called Yellow Pencil Coral, but this is my old camera's photo that is too blue.
.
 A magnificent Barrel Sponge, towering over the neighborhood.  The little fish is a Sargeant Major.  First fish name I ever learned.  They swim by just swimming like a fish.  (??)

Funny, yesterday I googled images for a Shamefaced Box Crab, and it's the first time Google has let me down.  Only someone feeding their eel in an aquarium.  No box crabs!  I'm on a hunt now!

OK, have a great day, and I'm going right now to the Post Office to find out if my stinking camera has come back from Mr. Fixit yet!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment