Saturday, May 30, 2009

Still not painting

I don't know why.  Not diving, either.  Perhaps it's having an old house with so many repairs needed.  I don't have hot running water.   and etc. 

So here are a few more photos from the snorkel.
.
 
Grass always drops off to sand along the edges.  Sometimes tere are little fish, little lobsters and crabs seeking shelter along this 'dropoff'
.
 
There was one area of just sand, near the outside of the little bay.  Interesting patterns made by wave action.
.
 
This is just inside the barrier reef.  Quite shallow, easy to stand up.  Fish run back and forth along this 'wall'.
.

 
Oops!  Some, or most anchor designs don't work at all to hold a boat if the line gets fouled.  This big anchor must weigh a hundred pounds. The shaft is about four feet, more than a meter high.
.

 
Sun Anemones.  I didn't touch because they're toxic.  Seven or eight of them here.  I didn't see any of their crabs or shrimp that live in association with them sometimes.  I'll have to return sometime when the sea is flat calm, and there's no surge pushing me around, so I can get close for better photos, and maybe find a "Squat Shrimp".
.

 
 "I see you!"   A lobster or three under the only shelter around, an old overturned Elkhorn coral.  As I approached, this little guy actually came out to look at me.  Not very experienced! No, I don't eat lobster.
OK, all for now!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment