Sunday, May 17, 2009

Christiansted Harbor before People
8x10 inches, Acrylic on Canvas
This little mess, you could call it 'Impressionism', is what I painted Friday with the Palletteers. I sat out on the boardwalk by myself, to be in view of the cam. One friend emailed that she'd looked and seen me, so it wasn't a total waste of time. The scene in front of me was actually the harbor full of boats, and a few people wandering around on the boardwalk. I enjoy painting people, and usually I paint the Palletteers painting. But they were all up in the town painting buildings. I felt rather like a idiot, sitting out there painting, having the occasional onlooker. Ha! They never comment when I'm doing a mess like this. Ha!

I like these blue messes. I think I'll do a rather endless series of sea and sky, and work on getting the clouds accurate. Hmm. I aim to load the brush with two or three colors, then lay only one coat of paint. Hmm, but then there's one 'plain' layer underneath. Now I'm confused.

I was sad this morning that I didn't have a new coral reef painting for you. sigh. I'll fix that today, I feel much better when I have a fishpicture to post, solid and real. OK, thanks for stopping by!

Here's the Christiansted Boardwalk cam, if you wish:

http://www.gotostcroix.com/live/harborcam.php
.

No comments:

Post a Comment