Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Forget the "One Hour"!


Here's an octopus crawling around in water less that three feet, one meter deep. Crispy bright sun rays dancing on the sand.

I gently followed him/her for a half hour, as she/he foraged, stopping at each likely looking rock to feel all around underneath for a crab or some other tasty morsel.

An Octopus must have a different brain from me, they can keep track of each of eight tenticles at the same time! Poor guy, girl, didn't find anything to eat by the time I went on my way.

There are two common kinds of Octopi in the Caribbean, one is nocturnal, the other diurnal, daytime active.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll keep the splatter paintings for the Friday Plien Air group that I paint with. I look at that last mess I posted and do not wonder that I lost a follower. This blog is not for to be a diary.

This computer is clogged up with I don't know what(my fault, adding security) and is either slowwwwww or just plain stuck.

I finally went for a snorkel yesterday, and the water was bearable. Warming, I mean.

OK, I'll have something for you in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment