Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday's Snorkel


My feet! Properly dressed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Riprap" Big boulders along the side of the pier, some as big as a Volkswagen. Supposed to protect, but the last hurricane, Lenny, tossed them around like they were peanuts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A blurry pic of the pier looking to shore from 3/4 of the way to the end. The buildings on shore are two stories tall with high peaked roofs. Long pier! Walking on the pier, I timed it- a seven minute walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A turtle! Haha, this is why I didn't post any underwater photos this time, they're all bad. The turtle is a small Hawksbill, the top blob of the two grey blobs. The other blob is a sponge. He was really feasting on the treats he could find. He was pecking away as I passed him on my way to the end of the pier, and still nibbling as I passed him on my way back to shore, a half hour later. The depth here is about twenty feet, seven meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment