Monday, November 5, 2007

St. Croix scenery...


North Star beach, a scuba entry. The black rocks are gorgeous, and of a rock named Blue Biche, or Blue Bitch, I'm not sure! The swim out to the drop-off at 25 feet, 8m, is short and easy. The sea has been rough for two days, waves and swell coming in from Hurricane Noel, far out in the Atlantic. So the water is brownish, instead of it's usual clear turquoise.


This is scenery that I drive by all the time.


I call this 'my beach' It's a scuba entry I use a lot because it's tricky and often too rough, like today. You only need to play with the surf getting in and out, but most get knocked down because they don't pay mind. 'My beach', no one else wants it!


This is a bit of land I have, on the left side of the road. Kind of just trees. Can't live there unless in a 'real' house. No camper allowed by neighborhood rules.

I could don my dive gear and easily walk to 'my beach', if I had a house there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you live in a lovely place. I suppose we can be taken in by that which is different about where we live (Denver). I love this area, but variety is the spice of life, isn't it? I better go and put in my "South Pacific Island" music today.

    ReplyDelete